경계성 인격장애 환자와 우울증 환자의 임상양상, 심리특성 및 방어기제의 차이
- 경계성 인격장애 환자와 우울증 환자의 임상양상, 심리특성 및 방어기제의 차이
- Other Titles
- Differences in Clinical and Psychological Characteristics between Patients with Borderline Personality Disorder and Depression
- 구본훈; 권정해[권정해]; 곽호완[곽호완]; 장문선[장문선]
- Borderline personality disorder; Depression; Psychological characteristics; Defense mechanisms
- Issue Date
- 정신분석, v.22, no.2, pp.106 - 115
- Objectives: There has been little research into comparing characteristics of the patients with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and depression (DEP) which can often be encountered in clinical settings. This study evaluated clinical and psychological characteristics, including defense mechanisms, among patients with BPD and DEP. Methods: We recruited 38 BPD and other 38 DEP patients identified based on diagnostic criteria of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder, 4th edition.
We compared clinical and psychological characteristics between the patients with BPD and DEP using the Symptom Checklist-90-Revised (SCL-90-R), the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI), the Personality Disorder Questionnaire-4+(PDQ-4+), and the Defense Style Questionnaire (DSQ). Results: The patients with BPD recorded significantly higher scores in somatization, hostility, paranoid ideation of the SCL-90-R and on the F, Pd, Sc, Ma scales of the MMPI than DEP patients. On the scales of the PDQ-4+, there were significant differences between patients with BPD and DEP. BPD patients used maladaptive defense style more frequently than DEP patients. Conclusion: Since the patients with BPD and DEP show a high comorbidity,they present similar clinical aspects. However, BDP patients show more clinically serious instability, paranoid ideation,anger, and behavioral problems, and have more psychologically immature personality traits and defense mechanisms. Thus, when such features are highlighted in psychological tests or clinical interviews, clinicians should consider possibilities of personality disorder as well as depression in diagnosis & treatment.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 정신건강의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)