병무청자료로 분석한 우리나라 젊은 남성에서의 비뇨기계 질환의 빈도
- 병무청자료로 분석한 우리나라 젊은 남성에서의 비뇨기계 질환의 빈도
- Other Titles
- The Prevalence of Urologic Disease in Young Men Based on a Review of Korean Military Conscription Examination Results
- 문기학; 송필현; 권상택[권상택]; 김현태
- Young adult; Urologic diseases; Prevalence
- Issue Date
- The World Journal of Men's Health, v.29, no.3, pp.218 - 222
- Purpose: We aimed to elucidate the prevalence of urologic disease in young men by reviewing the results of military conscription examinations in the Republic of Korea.
Materials and Methods: The results of 615,382 conscription examinations undertaken by the military manpower administration offices in Seoul, Korea from January, 2006 to December, 2007 were reviewed. The physical examinations were conducted based on the Ministry of National Defense implementing ordinance No. 590.
Results: Twenty eight hundred fifty-three (0.46%) examinees were found to have urologic diseases, among which urinary tract infection was the most frequent (0.16%) single disease entity, followed by testicular absence (0.12%), single kidney (0.05%), varicocele (0.04%), urolithiais (0.03%), and cryptorchidism (0.01%). Among the 16 examinees with penile amputation, 15 had been surgically amputated due to gender identity problems.
Conclusions: With modifications of the Korean conscription examination and long-term evaluation, its results could help elucidate the prevalence of urologic diseases in young males in Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 비뇨기과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)