구강체조를 통한 대도시 재가노인의 구강기능과 영양상태의 개선
- 구강체조를 통한 대도시 재가노인의 구강기능과 영양상태의 개선
- Other Titles
- The effect of orophysical exercise for the elderly on oral function and nutrient intake
- 이희경; 김영재[김영재]; 김지윤; 최연희[최연희]
- 구강기능; 구강체조; 영양상태; 재가노인; oral exercise; oral function; nutrient intake; the elderly
- Issue Date
- 대한구강보건학회지, v.35, no.4, pp.414 - 422
- Objectives.This study was conducted to be used as basic data for developing an oral health management program appropriate for the current state of the elderly in Korea to improve their oral function and nutrient state.
Methods.The subjects were 97 elderly persons from the Seo-gu division of Daegu city who were divided into 2 groups, the intervention group (50) and the control group (47). The intervention group performed an oral exercise two times per week for 3 months (from September 2008 to December 2008) and the effects were investigated by a questionnaire survey, oral examination and oral function test before and after performing the three-month oral exercise program.
Results.Before performing the oral exercise, there was no significant difference between the control and the intervention groups in general characteristics, oral functional condition and nutrient intake. However, after the three-month program, the frequency of repetitive swallowing, amount of saliva and degree of mouth opening in the intervention group increased significantly (p＜0.01). When the effect of controlling the frequency, amount of saliva and degree of mouth opening was evaluated before performing the oral exercise, there was a significant difference between the two groups (p＜0.01). Also, the amount of nutrient intake in the intervention group increased significantly (p＜0.01). When the effect of controlling the amount of nutrient intake before carrying out the management program was examined, a significant difference was observed between the two groups (p＜0.01).
Conclusions.From these results, we conclude that the three-month oral exercise program enhances oral function and nutrient intake in the elderly. Therefore, these results were thought to be used as important basic data for developing an oral health management program for elderly patients who need long-term care.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 치과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)