박작대기 일화를 통해 본 근대도시 대구의 문명적 이중성
- 박작대기 일화를 통해 본 근대도시 대구의 문명적 이중성
- Other Titles
- A Duality of Modern City Civilization in View of Daege Parkgakdegi Anecdote
- Anecdote of Park Jung-Yang; ParkJakdegi; Theory of Moral duty; Theory of Practical application; Aesthetic consciousness; Duality.; 박중양 일화; 박작대기; 명분론; 실용론; 미의식; 대구 정서; 이중성; Anecdote of Park Jung-Yang; ParkJakdegi; Theory of Moral duty; Theory of Practical application; Aesthetic consciousness; Duality.
- Issue Date
- 어문론총, no.55, pp.191 - 227
- We may think that it is not easy or perhaps even impracticable to tell what a consciousness or a sentiment of Daegue district directly,since we should deal with various, intricate issues. However, to extract the consciousness or the sentiment for the cultural layers generated in Daegu like Park Jung-Yang anecdote is more persuasive than any other works. Especially, since an anecdote is handed down by people in their time or a certain group who shares a common historicity, it is possible to say that a result from that kind of research material is of great significance.
Park Jung-Yang anecdote is a good material to identify the sentiment of Daegu district in that it is generated and handed down in a space of modern city, Daegu. In this respect, this study is try to examine out the qualities of Daegu, or Daegu culture from the viewpoint of Cultural Studies. The result attained by analytic process is that 'the sentiment of Daegu generated and handed down with a background of a space of modern city features a duality, which is appeared as a theory of public interests and Deontology, a theory of moral duty and practical application Sometimes, though one is oppressed by the force of the other, it is found out that this duality in a space of Daegu is still in the course of contradictory and harmonious process.
For a fairly long time, discussions on finding out the consciousness or the sentiment of Daegu are not active due to the difficulties in the discussions. However, in that an inquiry work or a research work for these discussions provides a basic starting point to design or construct the future shape of Daegu, this work is not supposed to be postponed nondescriptly, This study on the anecdote of Park Jung-Yang is a preparatory step for that work. In further times, it is indispensible to carry out consecutive research works or studies to inquire into the identity of Daegu in various study fields such as Language &Literature, Narrative Literature, Folktales. For example, various traditional oral narratives with its background in Daegu such as 'anecdote of Geumdalrae' or 'legend of Hyungjebong' can be undermined and researched.
- Appears in Collections:
- 문과대학 > 국어국문학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)