Preparation of Recycled Poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA)/Iodine Polarizing Film
- Preparation of Recycled Poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA)/Iodine Polarizing Film
- 류원석; 한만호; 신재균[신재균]; 오경일; 이영재; 송두현; 정용식[정용식]; 이용록; 최한곤; 오태환; 한성수; 노석균
- POLYVINYL-ALCOHOL; WATER STABILITY; MOLECULAR-WEIGHT; COMPLEX FILM
- Issue Date
- POLYMERS & POLYMER COMPOSITES, v.18, no.7, pp.391 - 395
- To precisely identify the effect of preparation conditions on the polarizing efficiency (PE) of recycled poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA)/iodine complex film, PVA film and PVA/iodine polarizing film were prepared by using recycled nonwoven PVA with a number-average degree of polymerization (P(n)) of 1700, syndiotactic diad (s-diad) content 54.6%, and degree of saponification (DS) 97.6%. We investigated the effects of various conditions such as soaking time, temperature of I(2)/KI aqueous solution, draw ratio, and temperature of aqueous boric acid solution on the transmittance and PE of recycled PVA/iodine complex film. Maximum transmittance and PE values of recycled PVA/iodine complex film were 41.2% and 99.8%, respectively. It was found that the recycled PVA/iodine polarizing film showed effective transmittance and PE values comparable with those of commercial PVA/iodine polarizing film.
- Appears in Collections:
- 섬유패션학부 > 섬유패션학부 > Articles
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
총장실 > 총장실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)