한국의 신공공관리 개혁과 발전국가 유산: 김대중 정부와 노무현 정부
- 한국의 신공공관리 개혁과 발전국가 유산: 김대중 정부와 노무현 정부
- Other Titles
- New Public Management Reform and the Legacy ofDevelopmental State in Korea: Kim Dae Jung and Roh Moo Hyun Governments
- 최준호; 한종희[한종희]
- New Public Management; NPM Reforms; Legacy of Developmental State; Elite Bureaucracy; 신공공관리; 신공공관리 개혁; 발전국가 유산; 관료엘리트
- Issue Date
- 한국지방자치연구, v.12, no.2, pp.203 - 221
- With doubt of generalized applicability of the NPM, the critics argue that the usefulness of NPM reforms in the countries experienced developmental state is slight at best. In a bid to support this argument a case of NPM reform efforts in Korea, especially for the Kim, Dae Jung and Roh, Moo Hyun governments is employed to assess the suitability of international bench marking or originated in developed countries. In explaining the limited applicability of NPM reforms in the two governments an emphasis is on the legacy of the developmental state within the bureaucratic elites.
The legacy is distinct from that of developed countries which are based on liberal democracies and market system featuring free competition. And the NPM reform of developed countries comes from bureaucratic inefficiency, but on the other hand that of Korea comes from the democratic political circumstances. For successful NPM reforms in Korea, therefore, this study argues that making a through study of Korean bureaucracy and administrative culture is essential for analyzing administrative problems and reform results.
- Appears in Collections:
- 정치행정대학 > 경찰행정학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)