장기요양노인환자들에 대한 구강체조가 구강기능 향상에 미치는 영향
- 장기요양노인환자들에 대한 구강체조가 구강기능 향상에 미치는 영향
- Other Titles
- Effect of regular oral exercise on oral function in elderly patients with long-term care
- 이희경; 이지혜[이지혜]; 권호근[권호근]; 이윤희[이윤희]; 이민호
- Eldery patients; Long-term care; Oral exercise; Oral function; 구강기능; 구강체조; 노인환자; 장기요양
- Issue Date
- 대한구강보건학회지, v.34, no.3, pp.422 - 429
- Objectives. The purpose of this study was to provide basic data for development of oral exercise for the elderly under the long-term care insurance system in Korea from December 2007 to June 2008.
Methods. Fifty three patients of a nursing facility in Ch'onan were selected to be the intervention group, and fifty two patients of a nursing facility in Geochang, Gyeongsangbuk-do were recruited to be the control group. Both groups were provided with the oral exams and oral function exams, only that the intervention group performed the oral exercise five times per week for three months.
Results. After the experiment, statistically significant differences between the two groups were observed. First, the repetitive swallowing test showed a different result between the two groups by 2.2 in the intervention group after the program while it declined by 0.1 in the control group (p＜0.01). The number of phonation showed a contrast between the two groups: an increase by 4.4 for the intervention group and a decrease by 0.2 for the control group, with adjusted baseline status (p＜0.01). Salivation was also influenced: an increase by 6.4mm from the intervention group and an increase by 0.4mm from the control group were shown (p＜0.01). The maximum opening showed an increase by 0.4cm and a decrease by 0.3cm for the intervention group and the control group, respectively, with adjusted baseline status (p＜0.01). Lastly, the right cheek ballooning function test showed a decline in capacity by 7.7% in the control group and an improvement by 22.6% in the intervention group (p＜0.05).
Conclusions. These results supported that the three-month oral exercise improves oral function amongst the elderly.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 치과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)