연자육 추출물의 항산화 및 산화적 DNA 손상억제 활성
- 연자육 추출물의 항산화 및 산화적 DNA 손상억제 활성
- Other Titles
- Antioxidant Activities and Inhibitory Effect on Oxidative DNA Damage of Nelumbinis Semen Extracts
- 변광인; 박재호[박재호]; 김도완[김도완]; 이병구[이병구]
- Nelumbinis Semen; DPPH; Hydroxyl radical; Fe2+ chelating; DNA cleavage; DNA migration
- Issue Date
- 대한본초학회지, v.25, no.4, pp.55 - 59
- Objective : This study was conducted to investigate the antioxidant activity and inhibitory effect on oxidative DNA damage of Nelumbinis Semen Extracts Methods : Nelumbins semen were extracted with hot-water and ethylacetate (EtOAC). The 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) and hydroxyl radical scavenging assay and Fe2+ chelating assay were performed for antioxidative effect and φX-174 RF I DNA cleavage assay and intracellular DNA damage assay were used for inhibitory effect on intracellular DNA damage.
Results : In DPPH, Hydroxyl radical scavenging activity and Fe2+ chelating activity of EtOAC extracts were 96.22%, 53.53%, 64.72%, while those of hot-water extracts were 20.86%, 10.72%, 29.74% at 200 ㎍/㎖,respectively. In φX-174 RF I plasmid DNA cleavage assay, the protective effects of EtOAC and hot-water extracts against oxidative DNA damage were 76% and 6% at 200 ㎍/㎖, respectively.
Conclusion : These results indicated that the seed extracts of Nelumbo nucifera can be used as a natural antioxidants, which effectively inhibits the oxidative DNA damage.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연자원대학 > 외식산업학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)