지역사회획득폐렴 환자의 사망률 예측지표로서 폐렴중증지수의 유용성
- 지역사회획득폐렴 환자의 사망률 예측지표로서 폐렴중증지수의 유용성
- Other Titles
- Effectiveness of a Pneumonia Severity Index (PSI) as a Predictor of Mortality in Emergency Department Patients with Community-Acquired Pneumonia
- 이삼범; 김영훈[김영훈]; 도병수; 신경철
- Community-acquired pneumonia; Pneumonia severity index; Prognosis
- Issue Date
- 대한응급의학회지, v.21, no.6, pp.833 - 839
- Purpose: Pneumonia is the most common cause of death among infectious diseases. Community-acquired pneumonia is the sixth leading cause of death in Korea. This study was designed to analyze the relationship of risk factors and mortality, especially the pneumonia severity index (PSI) in patients with community-acquired pneumonia diagnosed in the emergency department of a referral hospital.
Methods: The medical records of patients admitted to the Yeungnam University Hospital between March 2006 and March 2008 for community-acquired pneumonia were reviewed retrospectively. The demographic data, comorbidity,laboratory results, PSI score and class of PSI, all of which might influence the prognosis of pneumonia, were analyzed.
Results: Among 123 patients admitted for communityacquired pneumonia, 18 died (mortality rate of 15%).
Laboratory data showed that sodium, glucose, blood urea nitrogen, albumin, platelets, hematocrit and arterial pH were related to the prognosis. For the pneumonia severity index,the mortality rate increased in a step-wise manner from class I through class V. Comorbidities such as neoplasms (p=0.000), cerebrovascular accidents (p=0.005) and liver disease (p=0.003), as well as systolic blood pressure (p=0.003), respiratory rate (p=0.024), sodium (p=0.000),glucose (p=0.000), blood urea nitrogen (p=0.000), albumin (p=0.003), hematocrit (p=0.000) and arterial pH (p=0.042)were the important risk factors for mortality in patients with community-acquired pneumonia.
Conclusion: The pneumonia severity index could be used as a valuable index for predicting mortality of patients and the prognosis of community-acquired pneumonia in the emergency department.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 응급의학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 내과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)