시교육에서 알레고리 문제 －김기림의 ｢바다와 나비｣를 중심으로－
- 시교육에서 알레고리 문제 －김기림의 ｢바다와 나비｣를 중심으로－
- Other Titles
- A Study on the Allegory in Poetry Education
- 알레고리; 시교육; 김기림; ｢바다와 나비｣; allegory; poetry education; Kim Ki-Rim; ｢The Ocean and a Butterfly(Badawa Nabi)｣
- Issue Date
- 문학교육학, no.33, pp.309 - 328
- Allegory has not been considered a core content in both poetics and poetry education, even though it can be found everywhere where literature is read and taught. I assume the reason why it has been excluded is because allegory has been subordinate to symbol in the history of rhetoric for a long time. The terminology is also a problem.
An allegory by definition is a story, poem, or painting in which the characters and events are symbols of something else. Allegories are often moral, religious, or political. I focused on the aspect that allegories have two different stories. One is told in the text, and the other is implied by the context in which the poem had been produced.
I argued that the poem, ‘the Ocean and a butterfly(Badawa Nabi)’ should be taught as the sample of an allegory. The poem has two different stories; a story in the text, and another story by the context, which is the condition of 1930’s when the poet lived his life. We have to consider the context of allegories not just extrinsic information but one main component of the structure of the poem.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 국어교육과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)