Hop 유래 Xanthohumol 화합물에 의한 Proteasome계의 유도발현
- Hop 유래 Xanthohumol 화합물에 의한 Proteasome계의 유도발현
- Other Titles
- Induction of the Proteasome Subunits by Xanthohumol Compounds from Hops
- 곽미경; 이향림[이향림]; 이용록
- xanthohumol; proteasome; Nrf2
- Issue Date
- 약 학 회 지, v.54, no.6, pp.481 - 487
- The proteasome plays a major role in the degradation of abnormal proteins within the cell. Therefore, repressed proteasome function is accepted as one of factors contributing the pathogenesis of multiple degenerative diseases.
In the present study, we have observed that xanthohumol C, which is one of prenylated flavonoids from hops, increases the expression of the proteasome subunits through the Nrf2 pathway. Treatment of murine renal epithelial TCMK-1 cells with xanthohumol C and its methoxymethoxy-derivative elevated the expression of the Antioxidant Response Element (ARE)- driven reporter gene, as well as Nrf2-target genes including NAD(P)H: quinoneoxidoreductaes 1 (Nqo1). Transcript levels for the catalytic subunits of the proteasome Psmb5 and Psmb6 were increased by these compounds. The activation of the psmb5 promoter by xanthohumol C was abolished when the ARE in this promoter was mutated, indicating that proteasome induction was mediated by the Nrf2-ARE pathway. These results suggest that xanthohumol compounds from hops have a potential benefit on various oxidative stress-associated human diseases through the induction of the proteasome.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)