Deoxypodophyllotoxin Inhibits the Expression of Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1 Induced by Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha in Murine Lung Epithelial Cells
- Deoxypodophyllotoxin Inhibits the Expression of Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1 Induced by Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha in Murine Lung Epithelial Cells
- 장현욱; 김미화; 이은경[이은경]; 양주혜[양주혜]; 유예[유예]; 강상구; 장영채[장영채]; 이승호; 서석종[서석종]; 김철호[김철호]
- NF-KAPPA-B; TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS; AIRWAY INFLAMMATION; ENDOTHELIAL-CELLS; TYROSINE KINASE; PROTEIN-KINASE; ICAM-1; ACTIVATION; INVOLVEMENT; ASTHMA
- Issue Date
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC JAPAN
- BIOLOGICAL & PHARMACEUTICAL BULLETIN, v.33, no.1, pp.1 - 5
- Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) is associated with processes of inflammation. We investigated the effects of deoxypodophyllotoxin (DPT) on tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) induced ICAM-1 expression in the mouse lung epithelial cell line, LA4. DPT (5 to 20 nM) inhibited TNF-alpha-induced ICAM-1 expression through nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappa B) in a dose-dependent manner and repressed ICAM-1 promoter activity. NF-kappa B reporter gene activity and DNA binding activity were also strongly inhibited. In addition, DPT inhibited degradation by the TNF-alpha induced inhibitory kappa B-alpha (1 kappa B-alpha) in a concentration-dependent manner. Taken together with our previous results suggest DPT might provide a basis for novel anti-inflammatory drug development.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
생명공학부 > 생명공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)