Promotion of Bulblet Enlargement through Liquid Stationary Culture in Korean Native Lilies in Vitro
- Promotion of Bulblet Enlargement through Liquid Stationary Culture in Korean Native Lilies in Vitro
- 엄선정[엄선정]; 오욱; 김규원; 박경일
- GROWTH; MICROPROPAGATION; LONGIFLORUM; TISSUE
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE
- HORTICULTURE ENVIRONMENT AND BIOTECHNOLOGY, v.51, no.1, pp.45 - 50
- In order to determine the medium conditions of liquid stationary culture for the maximum bulblet enlargement, in vitro bulblets induced from bulb scales using solidified medium of six Korean native lilies (Lilium dauricum, L. hansonii, L. maximowitzii, L. amabile, L. concolor var. parthneion, and L. tsingtauense) were cultured in various strengths (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1 fold) and volumes (10, 30, 50, 70, and 90 mL in a 350 mL container) of MS medium, and sucrose concentrations (30, 45, 60, and 90 g.L(-1)) for 16 weeks. Solidified medium culture as the control was conducted on 30 mL of the basal culture medium (MS salt, 60 g.L(-1) sucrose, and pH 5.7) containing 7 g.L(-1) agar. Compared with conventional solid culture, bulblet enlargement was promoted by liquid stationary culture in 114% to 215% depending on species. The best concentration of MS medium for bulblet enlargement was the full strength (one fold) in all species tested. Fresh weight of bulblets was increased by gradual increasing of sucrose concentration from 30 to 90 g.L(-1), which 90 g.L(-1) sucrose was best in L. hansonii, L. concolor var. parthneion, L. tsingtauense, and L. amahile, and 60 g.L(-1) was the most effective in bulblet enlargement of L. dauricum and L. marimowitzii. The adequate volume of medium was 30 mL in L. amabile, L. dauricum, L. hansonii, and L. marimowitzii, and 50 mL in L. concolor and L. tsingtauense in a 350 mL container.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연자원대학 > 원예생명과학과 > Articles
자연자원대학 > 원예학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)