Chalcone 유도체들의 사람 유방암세포주 및 사람 섬유육종 세포에 대한 세포독성효과
- Chalcone 유도체들의 사람 유방암세포주 및 사람 섬유육종 세포에 대한 세포독성효과
- Other Titles
- Cytotoxic Effect of Chalcone Derivatives in MCF-7 Human Breast Cancer and HT-1080 Human Fibrosarcoma Cells
- 김정애; 강유라; 박민아; 조미연; 이경희
- chalcone; 4-hydroxychalcone; xanthohumol; isobavachalcone
- Issue Date
- 약 학 회 지, v.54, no.1, pp.27 - 31
- Xanthohumol, a prenylated chalcone of the Hop plant (Humulus lupulus L.), has been reported to suppress tumor growth. 4-hydroxychalcone and isobavachalcone are chalcone derivatives and they have similar structure with xanthohumol. In the present study, we investigated the cytotoxic activities of chalcone and its derivatives, 4-hydroxychalcone, xanthohumol, and isobavachalcone, in MCF-7 and adriamycin resistant MCF-7 (MCF-7/ADR) breast cancer cells and HT-1080 fibrosarcoma cells. In a cell viability assay using 3-[4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl]-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT)reagent, chalcone and 4-hydroxychalcone decreased cell viability in HT-1080 cells, but not in MCF-7 and MCF-7/ADR cells. Isobavachalcone showed similar cytotoxicity in HT-1080 cells, and only limited cytotoxicity in MCF-7 and MCF-7/ADR cells at very high concentration (50 μM). In contrast, xanthohumol showed concentration-dependent cytotoxicity in MCF-7,MCF-7/ADR, and HT-1080 cancer cells. Taken together, the structure-activity relationship of chalcone and its derivatives indicate that chalcones may be valuable cytotoxic compounds against selective cancer types.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
생활과학대학 > 식품영양학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)