3-D mesh sequence compression using wavelet-based multi-resolution analysis
- 3-D mesh sequence compression using wavelet-based multi-resolution analysis
- 정호열; 조재원[조재원]; S. Valette[S. Valette]; 박주현; R. Prost[R. Prost]
- GRID GENERATION; SCHEME; CONSTRUCTION; TRANSFORMS
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTATION, v.216, no.2, pp.410 - 425
- In this paper, we present two compression methods for irregular three-dimensional (3-D) mesh sequences with constant connectivity. The proposed methods mainly use an exact integer spatial wavelet analysis (SWA) technique to efficiently decorrelate the spatial coherence of each mesh frame and also to adaptively transmit mesh frames with various spatial resolutions. To reduce the temporal redundancy, the first proposed method applies multi-order differential coding (MDC) to the temporal sequences obtained from SWA. MDC determines the optimal order of the differential coder by analyzing the variance of prediction errors. Comparing with the first order differential coding (FDC) scheme, the method can improve the compression performance. The second proposed method applies temporal wavelet analysis (TWA) to the temporal sequences. In particular, this method offers spatio-temporal multi-resolution coding. Through simulations, we prove that our methods enable efficient lossy-to-lossless compression for 3-D mesh sequences in a single frame work. (C) 2010 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 모바일정보통신공학과 > Articles
공과대학 > 전기공학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)