Synthesis of the hexagonal pillar shaped ZnOs using a hydrothermal method
- Synthesis of the hexagonal pillar shaped ZnOs using a hydrothermal method
- 강미숙; 이주현[이주현]; 채진호[채진호]; 김수정[김수정]; 김동영[김동영]; 박노국
- VISIBLE PHOTOLUMINESCENCE; COLUMNS; GROWTH; FILMS
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY, v.16, no.2, pp.185 - 188
- This study focused on the stable synthesis to obtaining nanometer sized hexagonal pillar-like ZnO, which can be utilized as LED (light emission device) materials. Various zinc oxides were successfully synthesized by hydrothermal treatment at 150, 200 and 250 degrees C for 8 h, with their morphologies controlled at pHs 9, 11 and 13, by the addition of ammonium hydroxide. The SEM (scanning electron microscopy) results reveal that the as-prepared particles at pH 13 and 200 degrees C for 8 h were a complete hexagonal pillar shaped. On the other hand, the morphology was flower shaped at lower pH and temperature. This result indicates that hexagonal pillar shaped ZnO can be easily formed higher pH and temperature reaction conditions. Two types of emitting band for all ZnO samples were observed at around 400 nm (violet) and above 550 nm (green) in the photoluminescence (PL) spectra. (C) 2010 The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)