중국 기업문화 현지화와 베스트 프랙티스 - 대기업 중국 진출 자회사를 중심으로 -
- 중국 기업문화 현지화와 베스트 프랙티스 - 대기업 중국 진출 자회사를 중심으로 -
- Other Titles
- Localization of Corporate Culture in China and it’s Best Practice
- 백권호; 안종석[안종석]
- Qing(情)-Li(理)-Fa(法) approach; formalization; performance of organization; localization
- Issue Date
- 중국학연구, no.51, pp.137 - 176
- This article is designed to figure out what is the best practice of administration for FIEs in China in terms of Qing(情)-Li(理)-Fa(法) approach, whose paradigm suggested by Yang(1994), and approach developed by Jeong(2003), Paik(2008), Ahn & Kim(20080 and Paik & Jang(2009). Qing represents individual behavior of social interaction based on personal relationship, where Li represents efficiency seeking behavior based on value of economy and Fa represents normative behavior based on rule of law. According to the Chinese customs of social exchange behavior, Chinese are accustomed to participate in social exchange activities based on personal relationship network namely individual trust basis not based on related law and regulations, namely institutional trust basis. But there has been some change that Chinese began considering it important to obey the rule of law since 1999 China has declared and made it clear by statement of ‘Rule by the Law(依法治國)’ in her Constitution. China would become more and more putting emphasis on institutional trust. This will affect that formalization of administration practice matters at the organization level.
The main hypothesis of this article is that the larger the discrepancies between expected value of employees for Qing-Li-Fa approach and the level of administration practice in terms of corporate culture is, the poorer the organizational performance of their FIEs will be. And the sub hypothesis is that the formalization of organizational behavior will moderate the negative effect of the discrepancies to performance of organization. The empirical results proved that the discrepancies between expected value of employees for Qing-Li-Fa approach and the level of administration practice based on Qing-Li-Fa approach in terms of corporate culture are negatively related to organizational commitment and job satisfaction. But sub hypothesis, moderate effect of formalization to discrepancy effect is proved insignificant, but independent effect to performance of organization is proved significant. According to the results, it is suggested that introduction of Qing-Li-Fa approach in terms of corporate culture is desirable for FIEs to localize their administration practice in China together with formalization.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)