동적역량(Dynamic Capability)의 선행요인에 관한 연구-한국기업의 중국 내 자회사를 중심으로-
- 동적역량(Dynamic Capability)의 선행요인에 관한 연구-한국기업의 중국 내 자회사를 중심으로-
- Other Titles
- A study on determinants of dynamic capability : focused on Korean MNE subsidiaries in China
- 이건희; 임정성[임정성]
- dynamic capability; China; Emerging Market; Korean Subsidiary; 동적역량; 중국; 신흥시장; 한국 자회사
- Issue Date
- 한중사회과학연구, v.8, no.1, pp.187 - 212
- A study on firm’s dynamic capability has been received much attention and well developed in the last decade. However, the effort to find determinants of dynamic capability of multinational enterprise(MNE)subsidiaries in the emerging markets being full of dynamism is scarce. To fill the gap, we have endeavored to identify the determinants of dynamic capability of Korean MNE subsidiaries in China by reviewing a vast range of available literatures on this subject. The determinants identified are 'parent firm’s resource transfer to subsidiaries', 'market orientation','institutional knowledge' and 'learning orientation'. We have examined the effects of these determinants on dynamic capability. We have conducted an e-mail questionnaire survey of Korean manufacturing MNE subsidiaries operating in China and tested hypotheses through a multiple regression analysis with ninety two samples.
There are following empirical results. First, the determinants such as learning orientation, 'informal' institutional knowledge of the expatriates and parent firm’s resource transfer have strong and positive impact on dynamic capability. Second, 'formal' institutional knowledge does not significantly influence on dynamic capability. Finally, Market orientation also does not have statistically significant influence on dynamic capability.
This study contributes to the traditional MNE subsidiary-related theory in the respect that it has attempted to demonstrate complementarities between dynamic capability view and resource-based view by finding the determinants of dynamic capability. Furthermore, the result of this study suggest that managers should realize how important dynamic capabilities are for the survival and superior performance of subsidiaries in China. Limitations and future direction of the study are also discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- 상경대학 > 국제통상학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)