외상후 브라운 증후군을 동반한 안면 변형 환자의 치험례
- 외상후 브라운 증후군을 동반한 안면 변형 환자의 치험례
- Other Titles
- Treatment of Posttraumatic Facial Deformity Patient with Brown's Syndrome : Case Report
- 김용하; 김태곤; 박병찬; 이준호; 김명미
- Brown's syndrome; Facial deformity; Intracranial approach; Triple ostectomy
- Issue Date
- Archives of Craniofacial Surgery, v.11, no.1, pp.33 - 36
- Purpose: Brown's syndrome is characterized by the limited elevation in adduction from mechanical causes around the superior oblique tendon trochlea complex. In this particular case, post-traumatic facial deformity accompanied by Brown's syndrome was observed. We would like to report the satisfying cosmetic results obtained by reconstructing orbital roof and superior orbital rim and repositioning of zygoma.
Methods: A 12-year-old patient was observed with facial deformity with strabismus in her right eye and orbital dystopia after the car accident and was eventually diagnosed with traumatic Brown's syndrome. Reconstructive surgeries could not be performed at the time of trauma due to the cerebral hemorrhage. At the second year after the trauma,a depressed fracture of the right orbital roof and superior orbital rim were reconstructed via the intracranial approach,and orbital dystopia was corrected via the zygoma triple ostectomy. In addition, a strabismus surgery was performed one year after her plastic surgery.
Results: Facial deformity with orbital dystopia and strabismus was confirmed to be fully reconstructed after the surgery. Moreover, when the patient came in for a follow-up thirteen years after the operation, a developmental imbalance of the facial bones, diplopia, or any other surgical complications were not to be found.Conclusion: After the trauma, the patient with Brown's Syndrome accompanied by post-traumatic facial deformity,who went under the corrective surgeries after the meticulous examination and assessment pre-surgically, was able to acquire cosmetic satisfaction via those operations.
(J Korean Cleft Palate Craniofac Assoc 11: 33, 2010)
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 성형외과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 안과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)