Proton exchange membranes prepared by radiation-induced graft copolymerization from binary monomer mixtures onto poly(tetrafluoroethylene-co-hexafluoropropylene) film
- Proton exchange membranes prepared by radiation-induced graft copolymerization from binary monomer mixtures onto poly(tetrafluoroethylene-co-hexafluoropropylene) film
- 본다유리야; 한도흥; 조현국[조현국]; 권용길[권용길]
- FUEL-CELL; ACRYLIC-ACID; STYRENE; POLYETHYLENE; SULFONATION; HYDROCARBON
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- NUCLEAR INSTRUMENTS & METHODS IN PHYSICS RESEARCH SECTION B-BEAM INTERACTIONS WITH MATERIALS AND ATOMS, v.268, no.10, pp.1588 - 1593
- Sulfonic acid proton exchange membranes based on a poly(tetrafluoroethylene-co-hexafluoropropylene) film were synthesized through the single-step graft copolymerization of sodium styrenesulfonate and acrylic acid monomers from binary monomer aqueous solutions using the electron beam pre-irradiation method in air. The effects of the various polymerization parameters (absorbed dose, reaction time, and monomer ratio) on the degree of grafting were studied. A correlation between the degree of grafting and some of the physical-chemical properties (water uptake and ion-exchange capacity) of the synthesized copolymers was established. The distribution of the sulfonic acid groups was investigated across the thickness of several membranes in order to gain a better understanding of the graft copolymerization process from binary monomer aqueous solutions onto the fluorinated film and to synthesize membranes with optimal physical-chemical properties. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 중앙도서관 > rims journal
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)