Quality Properties and Preference of Fermented Gastrodia elata Blume
- Quality Properties and Preference of Fermented Gastrodia elata Blume
- 서상곤; 문용선; 윤경영; 김정미[김정미]
- ANTIOXIDANT; RHIZOMES
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, v.28, no.3, pp.507 - 514
- This study was performed to reduce unpleasant taste and flavor of Gastrodia elata Blume as well as to improve utilization as functional food materials using fermentation. The component, antioxidant activity, and taste test were compared between fresh and fermented Gastrodia data Blume powder (FGP). FGP contained higher level of total fat, protein, mineral, and fiber than raw material. The pH of FGP was higher compared to raw Gastrodia elata Blume powder (RGP), and antioxidant activity was as high as vitamin C regardless material status (raw vs. fermented). This result indicated that its activity was not decreased by fermentation. Dispersiveness and solubility of Gastrodia elata Blume powder was the best in 60-70 mesh. For sensory evaluation, FOP or RGP was mixed with either orange juice or yoghurt. The results showed that overall preference, taste, flavor, texture, and color were better in fermented Gastrodia elata Blume drinks than in raw ones. It is plausible that unpleasant taste and flavor of Gastrodia data Blume was declined by fermentation. Thus, fermentation can be easily applied to eliminate unpleasant smell in Gastrodia elata Blume, and FGP can be mixed with other beverages to produce healthy food and drinks.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연자원대학 > 원예생명과학과 > Articles
생활과학대학 > 식품영양학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)