Temporal Expression of Interleukin-1β in the Dorsal Root Ganglion in a Rat Model of Lumbar Disc Herniation
- Temporal Expression of Interleukin-1β in the Dorsal Root Ganglion in a Rat Model of Lumbar Disc Herniation
- 김수정; 구희진; 조윤우; 박해운[박해운]; 이준하; 황세진[황세진]; 안상호
- Interleukin-1β; Lumbar disc herniation; pain; Dorsal root ganglion
- Issue Date
- 대한물리치료학회지, v.22, no.3, pp.93 - 98
- Purpose: To investigate temporal changes in IL-1β mRNA expression in spinal dorsal horn (DH) and dorsal root ganglion (DRG) in a rat lumbar disc herniation (LDH) model.
Methods: Autologous nucleus pulposus, harvested from the tail disc between the second and third coccygeal vertebrae (Co2-3), was implanted next to the left L5 nerve root just proximal to the DRG after partial laminectomy. IL-1β mRNA expression was investigated in DRG and DH in our LDH model. Real-time PCR assays were done using a 7500 Real Time PCR system (Applied Biosystems, USA).
Results: Expression of IL-1β in DRG and DH was observed for 30 days postoperatively. Expression of IL-1β mRNA in the ipsilateral DRG of the LDH group gradually increased from 5 to 30 days after surgery. The amount of IL-1β in the contralateral DRG peaked 10 days after surgery and then gradually decreased. However, there was no difference in IL-1β mRNA expression in spinal DH between the LDH group and the sham-operated group.
Conclusion: Long-term expression of IL-1β in the LDH model may worsen the chronic pain state. Future studies on inhibition of IL-1β expression in the LDH model will be needed to develop selective treatment strategies for patients with LDH.
- Appears in Collections:
- 중앙도서관 > rims journal
의과대학 > 재활의학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 생화학.분자생물학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)