여러 통상적인 전뇌방사선치료 기법에서의 정상조직의 조사선량 비교
- 여러 통상적인 전뇌방사선치료 기법에서의 정상조직의 조사선량 비교
- Other Titles
- Comparison of the Dose of the Normal Tissues among Various Conventional Techniques for Whole Brain Radiotherapy
- Whole brain radiotherapy; Brain; Lens; Dose distribution; Isocenter; Multileaf collimator; 전뇌방사선치료; 뇌; 수정체; 선량분포; 중심점; 다엽조준기; Whole brain radiotherapy; Brain; Lens; Dose distribution; Isocenter; Multileaf collimator
- Issue Date
- Radiation oncology journal, v.28, no.2, pp.99 - 105
- Purpose: To compare radiation dose of the brain and lens among various conventional whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT) techniques.
Materials and Methods: Treatment plans for WBRT were generated with planning computed tomography scans of 11 patients. A traditional plan with an isocenter located at the field center and a parallel anterior margin at the lateral bony canthus was generated (P1). Blocks were automatically generated with a 1 cm margin on the brain (5 mm for the lens). Subsequently, the isocenter was moved to the lateral bony canthus (P2), and the blocks were replaced into the multileaf collimator (MLC) with a 5 mm leaf width in the craniocaudal direction (P3). For each patient plan, 30 Gy was prescribed at the isocenter of P1. Dose volume histogram (DVH) parameters of the brain and lens were compared by way of a paired t-test.
Results: Mean values of Dmax and V105 of the brain in P1 were 111.9% and 23.6%, respectively. In P2 and P3, Dmax and V105 of the brain were significantly reduced to 107.2% and 4.5∼4.6%, respectively (p＜0.001). The mean value of Dmean of the lens was 3.1 Gy in P1 and 2.4∼2.9 Gy in P2 and P3 (p＜0.001).
Conclusion: WBRT treatment plans with an isocenter located at the lateral bony canthus have dosimetric advantages for both the brain and lens without any complex method changes.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 방사선종양학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)