추상미술의 미학적 원리: 개념과 장르적 특성을 중심으로
- 추상미술의 미학적 원리: 개념과 장르적 특성을 중심으로
- Other Titles
- Aesthetic Fundamentals of Abstract Art
- 추상미술; 추상과 구상; 구성과 표현; 재현회화; 예술체계론; abstract art; abstraction and concreteness; construction and expression; representational art; system of arts; abstract art; abstraction and concreteness; construction and expression; representational art; system of arts
- Issue Date
- 미술사학보, no.34, pp.5 - 38
- Abstract art can be called most abstract in the sense of secession from the material objectiveness. However, it can be prominently concrete in the sense of the existential character of the work of art itself. Both abstract painting and abstract sculpture should pass over the geometrical figure or the solid geometrical construction which doesn't have human soul. But this fact does not necessarily require to represent the concrete real object such as human figure in sensible form. A complex of line and color is animated by the spouting passion and the spiritual strain, and is generated with the inner motion.
By the way, there is a standpoint in which both representational art and abstract art can assert their legitimate existential right with equal qualification. If that is the case, we should reform the traditional idea that the painting is a kind of art to depict the objective things, and sublate to a new concept of painting. Accordingly, the orientation of painting in the system of art is required to be changed. The construction of painting is consisted of a figuration and at the same time an auto-figuration. It has a virtual form and a practical form. It has a semantic function to represent outer object and a formal organization which is inherent in themselves.
There are two direction in abstract art. The one is the dominance of construction of artistic form over representation to figure the objects which are outside work of art, and the other one is the dominance expression of inner state over representation to draw the outer objects confronting with human being. Abstract art has developed in two directions, namely the geometrical constructive tendency which is cold abstraction and the non-geometrical expressive tendency which is hot abstraction. Furthermore, the abstract painting in constructive tendency step forward to architecture, and the one in expressive tendency becomes familiar with music.
The imitative value of a work of art consists not merely in the representation of appearance of the outer object, but also in the representation of the real essence of the existence. Abstract art movement is a scene in the long history of rise and decline of artistic style. As it has happened as a reaction to the trend of past realism, it arouse a reaction to new concreteness. Recently, the restoration of objectivity is attracting attention on the other side.
- Appears in Collections:
- 디자인미술대학 > 미술학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)