일부 대도시지역 당뇨어린이의 구강건강행동과 부모의 사회경제적 특성
- 일부 대도시지역 당뇨어린이의 구강건강행동과 부모의 사회경제적 특성
- Other Titles
- Oral health behaviors and socioeconomic status in Korean children with type 1 diabetes mellitus
- 이희경; 진혜정[진혜정]; 최연희[최연희]; 오애영[오애영]; 고철우[고철우]; 김흥식[김흥식]; 송근배[송근배]
- 구강건강행동; 당뇨어린이; 사회경제적 특성; oral health behavior; socioeconomic status; type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Issue Date
- 대한구강보건학회지, v.34, no.2, pp.230 - 237
- Objectives : The incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus is increasing in children and adolescents in Korean. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the relationship between oral health behaviors and socioeconomic components in Korea children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
Methods: As a part of a dental and periodontal examination, 41 subjects with type 1 diabetes and 49 age and gender-matched non-diabetic subjects from the same residential area were studied cross-sectionally using a questionnaire regarding their oral health behaviors and socioeconomic status. Statistical analysis was performed with the SPSS 17.0 program.
Results: Overall, oral health behaviors and family socioeconomic status in diabetic youth were similar to those of the non-diabetic control subjects. However, diabetic youth were more likely to have a lower gingival index, a higher bleeding point proportion, eat snacks more frequently, and a lower plaque index than the control group.
Conclusions: This study may be the first report on the impact of type 1 diabetes mellitus on oral health behavior and socioeconomic status in Korea. Socioeconomic status could influence their children`s gingival health directly and/or indirectly through its effect on children`s oral health behaviour.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 치과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)