한국어교육에서 고유어의 위상과 등급화 -고유어 용언을 중심으로-
- 한국어교육에서 고유어의 위상과 등급화 -고유어 용언을 중심으로-
- Other Titles
- A Study on Characterizing the Worth and Setting up the List of Pure-Korean Words in Korean Language Education
- 서희정; 홍윤기[홍윤기]
- Korean language education(한국어교육); Pure-Korean words(고유어); Sino-Korean words(한자어); the frequency in use of words(사용빈도); the criteria of words grading(어휘 등급 기준)
- Issue Date
- 국어교육, no.132, pp.351 - 384
- This study aims to characterize the worth of Pure-Korean words in Korean language education and set up the list of Pure-Korean words.
The researches on Sino-Korean words have been brisk in various aspects so far based on the belief that Sino-Korean words have strong points in the word-formation, the numbers of syllables and the sense distinction of homographs. Also, the fact that the ratio of Sino-Korean words among Korean words is over 60% brings a great interest to researchers. The tendency to lean toward the studies on Sino-Korean words in Korean language education has made Pure-Korean words be relatively treated too lightly. However, Pure-Korean words play important roles in Korean language education. Firstly, Pure-Koran words would meet the demands of Korean language learners. Secondly,they have the productivity of making sentences and words as much as Sino-Korean words.
The grade of Pure-Korean words in Korean language textbooks and the frequency in use of words by Korean native speakers should be considered, while words are graded beginning level, intermediate level and advanced level. Words required at each level in aspect of grammar education as well as vocabulary education could not be matched with words graded on the frequency in use. Therefore, the 12 kinds of criteria for words grading have been set up based on the general syllabus of Korean language education and the frequency in use of words. Finally, 1,816 Pure-Korean words are graded 253 beginning words, 409 intermediate words, 614 advanced words and 540high-advanced words according to the 12 criteria.
- Appears in Collections:
- 문과대학 > 국어국문학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)